Firefighters close road to rescue gull
Fire crews closed a road and called in specialist equipment to rescue a sea bird trapped on a roof.
Appliances from Bispham and Blackpool attended the incident in Anchorsholme Lane East, Cleveleys at around 10am today.
The gull had been trapped in netting close to a chimney since Saturday.
Following consultation with the RSPCA firefighters were called in.
Blackpool’s aerial ladder platform was called in and firefighters were able to access the roof and free the bird.