Head coach Uwe Rosler says Fleetwood Town have received no official bids for any of their players despite reports that the club had rejected an offer from Cardiff City for wing-back Amari’i Bell.
Rumours circulated yesterday that the Championship club had bid for Bell after Fulham triggered a release clause in Joe Bennett’s contract at the Cardiff City Stadium.
With Bell (right) having a year remaining on his contract, Town may be tempted to sell for the right price.
But Rosler says the club have heard nothing concrete, though he admitted interest in his players has been rife over the summer.
He said: “We are getting phonecalls about Amari’i Bell, about Conor McAleny, about Kyle Dempsey, about Bobby Grant, about Cian Bolger. We are getting phonecalls all the time.
“The fact is we do not have one official bid on the table.
“The moment the chairman Andy Pilley comes to me and says we have an offer for one of our players and asks me, ‘What do you think?’ then I have to think about it.
“We got so many phonecalls and in the end we still have everybody here for us.”
As for the Bell rumours, Rosler added: “This did not come from us. This comes from someone who has an interest to do something and create something – that is obviously not me.
“I’m only interested in getting a result against Wimbledon on Saturday and for that I need my players focused on Fleetwood Town.
“But Amari’i is used to having discussion around him and he will be focused.”
Striker Conor McAleny limped off with what looked like a right ankle injury in Saturday’s 1-0 win over Northampton.
But Rosler would not comment on his fitness for Saturday’s League One clash with AFC Wimbledon.
He said: “I can’t tell you anything about his injury. But I normally never do and we just carry on those good habits we had from last year.”