Fleetwood Town are seeking signings
Fleetwood chairman Andy Pilley says funds are available and that the club is working hard to bring in new players.
But the Town owner says he feels they already have a competent first team squad.
Ten players have joined the club over the summer before Steven Pressley announced his resignation last week.
A number of those signings like defender Ashley Eastham, keeper Chris Neal and striker Aaron Holloway will all be in contention for a starting spot in the opening game of the new League One season at Northampton on August 6.
But a host of the signings like former AFC Fylde duo Matty Urwin and Dion Charles will go into the club’s development squad.
Pilley says he will back new head coach Uwe Rosler and that they will try to bring players in for positions they believe need filling.
He said: “We are working hard to bring players in and a lot of it depends on other clubs, obviously, if they will allow them to go out. We do still have some funds available, we have a reasonable budget which is probably about middle of the road for League One and we will back Uwe as much as we can.
“We will always try and bring in players for positions we believe we need strengthening but I believe we have got a very competent squad and a very good squad as it stands and Uwe’s role and the rest of the coaches’ roles will be to get the very best out of the players that we already have at the club.”
Rosler says he needs time to assess his squad before thinking of recruitment and that there is plenty of time until the transfer window shuts at the end of August.
He said: “I want to have first a good look at it, I have certain ideas (about recruitment) but I want to give the players a chance and I don’t want to only talk about it but I want to show it with my actions.
“So when I come in the next day walking two or three players in I don’t that particularly is the right thing to do. Yes we are observing the market, I am evaluating the squad and we have enough time until the end of August.”