Fire at Blackpool hotel sparks emergency call out

A fire broke out at a hotel in Blackpool in the early hours of the morning, say fire services.

Monday, 14th August 2017, 11:11 am
Updated Monday, 11th September 2017, 12:43 pm
Crews were called to Charnley Road to reports of a fire

Crews from Blackpool were called out to the fire on Charnley Road at around 2am on August 14.

Firefighters arrived to find a smoke filled property and sent firefighters wearing breathing apparatus in to fight the blaze.

A spokesman for the fire service said: "We were called to reports of a fire at a hotel.

"We arrived to find a great deal of smoke and committed two firefighters in breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire with a hose reel.

"Thankfully there were no guests in the hotel at the time.

"We believe the fire started as a result of an electrical problem."

Fire fighters say that damage was confined to one guest room.

Nobody was injured during the incident.