The dramatic sight of a car exploding into flames on a driveway in Anchorsholme has been caught on camera.
Firefighters from Bispham responded to a vehicle fire on the driveway of a home in Sevenoaks Drive at 12.17pm on Sunday, January 13.
Footage, filmed by a neighbour, shows the moment the car bursts into flames, as well as the swift response of firefighters.
According to Mandy Toole, her parents had just returned home from the supermarket when the car went up in flames.
Mandy said: "They had been shopping and had come home and unloaded a couple of bags from the boot.
"But within a few minutes of coming back in the house and putting the kettle on, they smelt burning from outside.
"When they came out, the car was a fireball. It was quite the shock!"
The grey SsangYong Turismo, a South Korean-made car which retails for around £20,000, is understood to have caught fire spontaneously after an electrical fault.
Firefighters reported the incident to police out of concern for traffic passing by on Sevenoaks Drive, but the cause of the fire is not believed to be suspicious.
The charred remains of the gutted sports utility vehicle were recovered shortly after. There were no injuries.
A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: "One fire engine from Bispham attended a vehicle fire on the driveway of a domestic property on Sevenoaks Drive in Thornton Cleveleys.
"Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used two hose reels to extinguish the fire."