`

Householder given first aid after kitchen blaze

editorial image

Firefighters gave first aid to the occupant of a house in Blackpool following a blaze in the kitchen.

Two crews from Bispham and Blackpool attended the fire in a property in Hesketh Avenue at around 5.20pm on Sunday.

One person was said to be suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

A fire brigade spokesman said firefighters administered first aid until the arrival of paramedics.

The crews used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.