Fleetwood fire: crews called after tumble dryer goes up in smoke

Firefighters were called on Monday at around 1pm to a tumble dryer fire at a house in Fleetwood.


Lancashire Fire and Rescue said two fire engines from Fleetwood and Bispham arrived at the property on Lingfield Road, where a tumble dryer in the kitchen had set on fire.

Lingfield Road in Fleetwood.

Lingfield Road in Fleetwood.

Crews used a hose reel, a ventilation unit, and a thermal imaging camera to help put out the fire.

READ MORE >>> Whirlpool launches recall of fire risk tumble dryers

The brand of the tumble dryer is not yet known.

Earlier this month, white goods manufacturer Whirlpool issued a high-profile product recall for a range of tumble dryers made by Hotpoint and other companies.

There were no injuries reported in the incident.