Firefighters were called on Monday at around 1pm to a tumble dryer fire at a house in Fleetwood.
Lancashire Fire and Rescue said two fire engines from Fleetwood and Bispham arrived at the property on Lingfield Road, where a tumble dryer in the kitchen had set on fire.
Crews used a hose reel, a ventilation unit, and a thermal imaging camera to help put out the fire.
The brand of the tumble dryer is not yet known.
Earlier this month, white goods manufacturer Whirlpool issued a high-profile product recall for a range of tumble dryers made by Hotpoint and other companies.
There were no injuries reported in the incident.