Dog rescued from house fire in Poulton

A dog was rescued by firefighters from a house fire involving a dishwasher in Poulton, say fire services.

Thursday, 4th May 2017, 7:27 am
Updated Tuesday, 9th May 2017, 7:00 pm
Crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire using a hose reel and a ventilation unit.

Two engines from Blackpool were called to the fire on Nightingdale Drive at around 5.30pm on April 3.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire using a hose reel and a ventilation unit.

A spokesman for Blackpool fire said: "Two fire engines from Blackpool attended a fire involving a dishwasher in a semi-detached house in Poulton-le-Fylde.

"Firefighters used two breathing apparatus sets, one hose reel and a ventilation unit to extinguish the fire."

The dog was later treated by vets, its current condition is not known.