A VIOLENT attacker who lay in wait for his teenage victim before attacking her for an hour has been jailed for four years.
Muhammed Tayyab, of Partridge Avenue, Thornton, led detectives to his own arrest by wearing his work name badge during the shocking attack in Blackpool town centre.
Tayyab waited outside a Blackpool club for the 19-year-old girl, who was out celebrating her friend’s birthday.
The 38-year-old grabbed the teenager as she left her friends and began walking alone following a night spent in Che Bar on Talbot Square.
Tayyab followed his victim on to the Promenade before pulling her into a recess near Harry Ramsden’s fish and chip restaurant where he punched her in the face.
He then removed some of her clothing and sexually assaulted her.
But the evil attacker was wearing his work name badge and he was soon tracked down by the police.
Det Con Alan Quanbrough, from Blackpool CID, said: “CCTV from the nightclub shows Tayyab hanging around outside, waiting for his victim, and then following her when she left.
“He waited until she had parted from her friends and saw her walking alone.
“I would describe his behaviour as predatory. He selected his victim because she was drunk and vulnerable.
“He then carried out a particularly nasty and violent assault which lasted over 45 minutes.
“He sexually assaulted her while putting his hand over her neck and mouth.
“It was during the work on the Promenade so there was no-one passing there.
“It was only by luck three men walked past and the victim was eventually able to get away.
“She was able to scream and Tayyab’s prolonged attack was interrupted.
“He ran off back to his place of work and ordered a taxi home. He carried out the offence wearing his work attire with his name badge. We were able to establish where he worked and arrested him.” The girl, who was visiting the resort from Manchester for a couple of nights, was left bruised and shaken after the attack, which happened in the early hours of May 6.
Tayyab had previously appeared at Preston Crown Court and pleaded guilty to sexual assault and assault. He was sentenced at the same court this week to four years for the sexual assault, with a four-month sentence for the assault to be served concurrently.
Det Con Quanbrough added: “The victim is still distressed and has said she will never come to Blackpool again, but this sentence means a dangerous man has been removed from our streets.”