Fleetwood: From the courts 17-08-16

A man described as eccentric upset neighbours in Fleetwood with his bizarre behaviour.

Wednesday, 17th August 2016, 12:28 pm
Updated Thursday, 25th August 2016, 8:47 pm
Blackpool Magistrates Court

Gavin Blair made a rude remark, repeatedly embraced park railings and indecently exposed himself to a group of football fans a court was told.

Blair, of Park Avenue, Fleetwood, pleaded guilty guilty to breach of the peace and was bound over in the sum of £100 for 12 months by Blackpool magistrates.

Prosecutor, Pam Smith, said a woman neighbour called police about Blair’s behaviour on August 13 . Neighbours had issues with Blair saying he was erratic and aggressive.

The neighbour said Blair had been shouting and swinging a bottle about in the street, embracing railings and banging his feet on decking.

A group of football fans went past and they told police Blair had exposed himself to them. Patrick Nelligan, defending, told magistrates: “He is eccentric and the neighbours are getting frustrated with him. He has problems sleeping at night and seems to have a different body clock. He vehemently denies exposing himself to anyone.”

• A grandfather gave excuses such as he was on the roof, out getting the dog and at the shop for not keeping his curfew.

Stuart Knights later told officials he could not keep the curfew because his long-term partner had kicked him out of their home.

Knights, 40, of Milton Street, Fleetwood, pleaded guilty to breaching a community order and shoplifting.

He was sentenced to a nine months community order with up to 20 days rehabilitation to be supervised by the probation service, put on three months drug rehabilitation and ordered to pay £29 compensation by Blackpool magistrates.

Neal Brookes, prosecuting for the probation service, said Knights had been put on a 12 weeks curfew from 7pm to 6am for an offence of assaulting a two-year-old boy who was hit by a television the defendant was trying to steal when he dropped it and it slid along the ground.

Knights made various excuses for being out during his curfew from July 4 to August 1. On August 3 he told an officer his partner had asked him to leave their address so he could not longer keep a curfew there.

Prosecutor, Pam Smith, said Knights was seen sitting on a folding chair in the GT store, Fleetwood, on May 31. He then folded up the chair, left without paying and escaped on a bicycle.

Patrick Nelligan, defending, said Knights had conquered a long-term heroin problem with the help of specialists.

• A man ran up a £336 bill in a Fylde pub enjoing food and drink with friends.

But Jack Spinks left the Highcross pub at Poulton knowing that the debit card details he had given the staff had not got enough money to pay.

Spinks of Alexandra Road, South Shore, admitted fraud when he appeared before the town’s magistrates.

Malcolm Isherwood, prosecuting, said that Spinks and his friends had moved seats several time during the course of their evening out.

When it came time for the bill to be paid they had disappeared.

The group had called a taxi but before they they left Poulton Spinks went into the Highcross office licence nearby and stole two packets of cigarettes and tobacco valued at £35.

The taxi took them to Bispham where Spinks ran off without paying the fare.

His lawyer Patrick Nelligan said:”My clients say he thought someone else in the party had paid the bill.”

Spinks who admitted theft from the shop and two bail act offences. He was sentenced to 200 hours work for the community and must pay the shop and pub full compensation.

• A woman accused of hitting her boyfriend with a wine glass and punching him in the face last Christmas Eve has had the case against her dropped.

Sophie Moore, 23, of Wingrove Road, Fleetwood, had pleaded not guilty to two offences of assault.

The prosecution offered no evidence in the case and Blackpool magistrates formally dismissed the case against Moore.