Tucked away in rural Fylde, Poulton is a typical Lancashire market town and has seen many changes over the years, whilst still retaining some village-like charm.
These photos depict life in Poulton from the turn of the 20th century until the 1960s. There are also a couple of photos of neighbouring Staining.
A familiar scene at the end of Smithy Lane, Staining, 1950s, where the windmill stands.
A view from 1974 of Staining Road at the junction with Staining Road West in the village of Staining.
A man and his dog posing for a picture in Queens Square close to the junction with Chapel Street. Beyond is the Bull Hotel with its distinctive sign profile.
In this view of Carleton crossroads in the 1950s, Carleton Church of England School can be seen on the right. A school in Carleton was first mentioned in the will of Elizabeth Wilson in 1680.