Tucked away in rural Fylde, Poulton is a typical Lancashire market town and has seen many changes over the years, whilst still retaining some village-like charm.
These photos depict life in Poulton from the turn of the 20th century until the 1960s. There are also a couple of photos of neighbouring Staining.
A 1904 view down Blackpool Old Road. The Bull on the left and building on the right, an ironmongers, which advertises a brand of cigarettes which 'suits all classes', remain along with the stocks and the market cross.
This cyclist has the road to himself as he heads down leafy Breck Road towards Skippool in 1926. To the right is the junction with Victoria Road and the cyclist is approaching Derby Road on the left.
This typical 1950s scene, shows Queens Square looking towards Chapel Street and Higher Green. The cottages right of centre still remain.
Breck Road in 1904 looking towards The Thatched House. Previously it was The Green Man and the entrance was from the churchyard of St Chads Church where the landlord was entitled to a pew whether he used it or not.