DCSIMG

Alfie ‘so upset’ after US tour is cancelled

Alfie Boe performing at Lytham proms in 2012.

Alfie Boe performing at Lytham proms in 2012.

  • by Chris Dixon
 

Fleetwood singing sensation Alfie Boe was forced to cancel his US tour due to a lack of ticket sales, it has emerged.

Boe, 40, was due to start his eight-date US Storyteller Tour in the States in Seattle in February.

A brief statement on his website – as reported in The Gazette on Monday – said gig promoters had been forced to cancel the tour but failed to give a reason.

But now, after fans questioned the reason for the cancellation, a second statement on his official social media sites said: “Just an explanation so everyone knows the background: The US Storyteller Tour was regrettably cancelled by Alfie’s manager and our US agents, due to a lack of ticket sales.

“We really had no choice when so many tickets remained unsold and therefore it became impossible to continue – at that point, end of last week, we made the decision to cancel because the tour became unfortunately unsustainable.

“We very much regret having to cancel and its not something we decided to do lightly.

“Alfie is so upset.

“He was so looking forward to playing the US, but we are hopeful that we can put a new tour in place in the not too distant future.

“For now we apologise most sincerely to everyone that we have disappointed.”

Alfie Boe is scheduled to start his UK tour in Newcastle in November.

He performed at Lytham Proms in 2012.

Follow us on twitter @The_Gazette and like our page on facebook to keep up with all the latest news.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page