A family of five escaped a serious house fire in Fleetwood that is now being treated as suspicious.
Two adults and three children made it out of the property, on Hamlet Road, after being woken up by their smoke alarm.
Firefighters were called out at 2.30am today, where they spent 45 minutes tackling the blaze.
The fire started in a car parked in the garage attached to the house before spreading to the rest of the property.
Crew manager Kevin Warwick said the family’s escape highlighted the importance of having a working smoke alarm.
He added: “This is just one of many examples we have of smoke alarms saving lives and reducing the severity of injury.
“I believe that without a working smoke alarm the consequences on this occasion could have been catastrophic.
“There is no excuse, the Fire Service safety check domestic properties and install smoke alarms for free, if required.”
The garage was badly damaged in the fire.