DCSIMG

Three escape Fleetwood blaze

Latest News

Latest News

Three people have been taken to hospital following a fire at a house in Fleetwood.

Firefighters had to rescue one of the people inside the property, on Balmoral Terrace, after being called at 8.30am today.

Two others were described as “walking wounded” who managed to get themselves out of the house.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue said the fire started because of a faulty television set.

He added: “There were three casualties – one of them had to be rescued – and they have all been taken to hospital by ambulance.

“It was a smell of burning plastic that we turned out to and it seems the television has caused that.”

Crews used breathing apparatus, a ventilation unit and a thermal imaging camera as they tackled the fire, which destroyed the television and caused extensive smoke damage throughout the house. An internal wall also suffered heat damage.

Follow us on twitter @The_Gazette and like our page on facebook to keep up with all the latest news.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page