DCSIMG

Death was due to natural causes

Blackpool Victoria Hospital

Blackpool Victoria Hospital

A man who thought he was dying after being exposed to asbestos actually died of natural causes, an inquest heard.

John Cullen, 60, started to get ill in June 2009 and last year was put on oxygen because of his breathing difficulties.

Blackpool and Fylde Coroner Alan Wilson heard Mr Cullen, of Arundel Drive in Poulton, told solicitors he had lived in a prefabricated house in Liverpool from 1957 to 1961 which was “full of asbestos”.

He also worked in various buildings as a facilities manager which contained asbestos.

But a post mortem examination following his death at Blackpool Victoria Hospital on September 29 showed he had lung disease and chronic liver disease.

Mr Wilson recorded a verdict of death by natural causes.

Follow us on twitter @The_Gazette and like our page on facebook to keep up with all the latest news.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news