A MAN who could not accept he had been dumped phoned a bomb threat into his ex-lover’s place of work.
Preston Crown Court was told Conservative Party worker Paul Wilson refused to accept the relationship had ended and subjected his ex-partner to a catalogue of telephone calls.
The communications culminated in one to her place of work at the Department for Work and Pensions at Norcross, claiming there was a bomb in the building.
Staff were evacuated from the premises while checks were made into the hoax, which was made on March 2.
Some staff went home resulting in a loss of man hours for the government department.
Wilson, of Cumberland Avenue, Cleveleys, had been committed for sentence by magistrates after admitting offences of breaching a restraining order and communicating false information about a bomb hoax.
Tom Lord, prosecuting, told the court the restraining order had been part of a three months suspended prison sentence order which had been imposed on March 8.
The court was told how the woman had ended a relationship with Wilson who could not come to terms with the fact it was over. He sent numerous text messages to her and made a number of calls to her place of work.
On one occasion, Wilson, 43, told the woman he was going to take his own life and she took him to hospital fearing for his health. Following this, he believed the relationship was back on – but that was not the case.
The court then heard details of the bomb hoax call.
Wilson told the operator: “Evacuate the building, evacuate the building, evacuate the building – there’s a bomb in it.”
Police traced the call and arrested Wilson.
Recorder Terence Rigby adjourned sentence for the preparation of a psychiatric report. Wilson was remanded in custody and will be sentenced on July 4.